A brand new anthology of short stories written by and about women in science fiction and fantasy is set to come out in April. Fight Like A Girl promises to be A powerful collection of science fiction and fantasy ranging from space operas and near-future factional conflict to medieval warfare and urban fantasy.
“These are not pinup girls fighting in heels; these warriors mean business. Whether keen combatants or reluctant fighters, each and every one of these characters was born and bred to Fight Like A Girl.”
Adele Wearing of Fox Spirit Books describes it as “Pretty much a perfect thing right out of the gate.”
Fight Like A Girl is set to have a launch party in Bristol on the 2nd April. It will be a social afternoon of swordplay and display, discussions on the role of women in SF&F (both as characters and authors), excerpts from the book, and a buffet to munch. Whether you’re a budding writer, established author or genre fan, there will be something for everyone! Details below…
• Saturday, 2nd April 2016, 1300 – 1700.
• Hatchet Inn, 27-29 Frogmore St, Bristol, BS1 5NA
• Ticketed entry: £5.95. See details at
• Anthology contributors attending include Joanne Hall, Kim Lakin-Smith, Danie Ware, Roz Clarke, Fran Terminiello, Julia Knight, KT Davies, and Sophie E Tallis.
• Event funded by the BristolCon Foundation.
About Fight Like A Girl
• Edited by Joanne Hall and Roz Clarke.
• Featuring stories by Roz Clarke, Kelda Crich, K T Davies, Dolly Garland, K R Green, Joanne Hall, Julia Knight, Kim Lakin-Smith, Juliet McKenna, Lou Morgan, Gaie Sebold, Sophie E Tallis, Fran Terminiello, Danie Ware, Nadine West.
• ISBN: 978-1-909845-66-4 – RRP (paperback): £9.99
• Review copies & e-ARCs available on request.
About Grimbold Books:
Grimbold Books is home to some of the very best science fiction, fantasy and dark fiction around. Our imprints are Kristell Ink (science fiction and fantasy) and Tenebris Books (dark fiction and fairy tales). We also publish an annual charity anthology from the Oslo Writers’ League under Grimbold Books to which we provide all our services for free in order to support a worthy cause. Our books are released as e-books across all platforms, as well as in print via all major online distributors, and on consignment with smaller retailers and independent retailers.